Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"hows" and "whys"




After an outstretched span of time, last month I boarded a train. Geetanjali Express, from Kolkata to Mumbai. On a ballpark figure around 31 hrs were scheduled to cover the distance, and to surprise me it took exactly the same time.

Amazed!! newayz the matter in hand is something else. During my recent foray, I withstood a couple of unexplored impulses, conjoining to open an unfathomed portal in front of me...

I was dismayed by some hows and whys. How can one meet a stranger and get bonded like they cognize each other for long, they speak their heart out, try to understand the other one and finally after departure keeping contact and becoming gud pals... is it destined?? no its not, coz we walk that extra mile... make an effort to reach out and talk...

Then comes my way another "why" as a counterfoil, and makes me think why "us" I mean all of us can not do the same with mortal souls around us...??!!

There were so many blanks, which could have been filled, so much dead air, which could have been talked out...but we realize once its gone...time, opportunity and love...

I envision it now, when every possible door's closed, blank dreams with dismayed visions. Much affliction on every turn, tight lipped in thoughts and every other tick of time brings a turmoil....I dream me in a place where am falling, falling from nowhere, with all dark around, screams....and am falling....heart thumping faster than ever, sweating and panicking.....ohh GOD, just take me out of this....

I wake up to remember every inch of it, the dream haunts me in daylight as well, only if can undo everything and make everything ideal...everything all right....But I fall flat....

Have you ever been through this, pain, agony and grief...where time stops to decades, every sec seems to delay by decades, thoughts seems to freeze for ever.....Do u have the answers to your "hows" and "whys".???? I do not....

5 comments:

  1. First.....the pic is awsome love it

    There are unanswered questions in life to which we never have the answers.

    I love the way u bring out the naked bt real emotions which we sometimes actually are scared to confess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear, but this was bugging me up from long time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. probably there are some hows and why which v create ouselves which actually need no answer.... but i admit v have lots of such unanswered questions which remain with us, thru out our life till end puzzled

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the 2 very interesting questions that help me introspect a lot :) no matter how trifle and cliched they might sound they help us think and derive at something more meaningful!

    I so relate to every word that u wrote :D apart from the Train Journey :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Hows" and "whys",I ask myself that everyday.Doesn't help. So I come to the conclusion that not everything in life can be reasoned with logic or understanding. some things in life are better left unexplained. :)

    ReplyDelete