Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The lamp post, street and me



The lamp post, street and me,
Not so very often,but commingle, and witness...
the pacing life and its seclusion...

We see a car, inside a mother clutching her son,
With wet lashes and closed eyes, is destiny departing them??
or they have recognated after a nightmare?

We see few men panting and pacing,
with ample of urge & de-ja-vu,
is that what we call chase of life?
or simple unmasking of reality?

We see an old woman, with a walking stick,
with pale lips but an immortal smile,is that salvation?
or she is content, that's her fate?

We see, not just for memories,
but to behold,
with voice of silence and vision of stone,
they just keep quite,
I say, I narrate,
The lamp post, street and me...

Sudeep Chakravarty

2 comments:

  1. This one i like slightly more than the other, maybe bcoz it makes me visualize the slow sleepy streets of kol i once knew. where everyone will sleep in the afternoons and play football in the evenings. and the way kol has always been a pathos saga. nicely written as usual :)
    where are the other ones though?

    ReplyDelete